According to the new regulation issued by the Directorate General of Immigration and Passports of the Republic of Indonesia, expatriates who wish to submit their application forms have to submit an online application. This includes the renewal of express Indonesia work visa or KITAS, business visa and visiting visa (ITK).
Submission of Online Application
- Applicants will receive an email confirmation within 3 to 7 business days to inform the applicant if he/she can pursue the application process.
- Should the applicant be granted approval to continue with the application, the remaining steps would still be done manually.
- The website of the Directorate General provides online applications for instant working permit Indonesia. It is available in both Indonesian and English language. However, it would be best to have a local agency or representative to help you understand and go through the process.
- Online application of temporary stay permit is required in immigration offices in Jakarta, Soekarno Hatta, Tangerang, Bekasi, Depok, Bogor, and Karawang. Foreign workers who are applying outside the selected immigration offices may opt to apply manually.
- The website only accepts 600 applications per day. The system automatically closes when the maximum number of applicants is reached and will be opened the next day.
- Online application for immediate working visa Indonesia and other types of visas can only be done during weekdays. It is not possible to apply during weekends or public holidays.
- Some Indonesian visas that you can apply for online include the following:
- Single Entry Visa
- Multiple Entry Visa
- Express work visa Indonesia
- Investor Visa
- Student Visa
- Training or Scientific Research Visa
- Retirement Visa
- Family Visa
- Foreign nationals from Macau, China, India, Hong Kong and Taiwan can apply for Indonesia work permit now for up to 12 months. This is an updated regulation and only expatriates who were able to meet the standard criteria set by Indonesia’s Ministry of Manpower can pursue with their applications.
- It would be best to check the validity of your passport. Your passport should remain valid for at least 12 months to be able to apply for a 6 months KITAS, 18 months remaining validity for 12 months KTAS, and 30 months remaining validity if you are going to apply for a 24 months KITAS.
Indonesia has strict and even complicated policies when it comes to visas and its application and approval. You need authority and expert in Indonesian laws and local regulations to obtain your Indonesia working visa now without the hassles.
Cekindo has been in the business for a good number of years, assisting expats in their visa application and processes. No matter what your visa requirement is, we are ready to assist you with our extensive network including the local authorities. We also work with multinational companies in terms of assisting their prospective workers to get a jumpstart with their careers in Indonesia. Talk to us now so we can get started on your visa needs right away.