Differences Between Indonesia Business Visa & Work Permit
Business Visa in Indonesia online
If you visit Indonesia for a business-related purpose without any intention to obtain any income in Indonesia, the document you will need is the business visa. Luckily, obtaining the business visa in Indonesia is a simple and fast procedure and Cekindo helps you to finish the process online. It allows multiple entries and is valid for 1 year. The whole procedure will take 14 working days.
The main purpose of the Indonesian Business Visa is to enable the holder to carry out business activities in Indonesia such as attending a conference or seminar. This does not include being employed or receiving a salary in Indonesia.
A Business Visa in Indonesia provides the following benefits:
- Fast, simple and online order and purchase.
- It is cheaper than the work permit.
- You are allowed to stay 60 days per visit in Indonesia.
- You can apply for an extension by leaving Indonesia in 60 days and coming back (crossing borders) or by applying for and obtaining a visa from the Indonesian Immigration Authority.
- The visa is valid for 1 year.
Work Permit Indonesia (KITAS)
Any foreigner who is planning to work, or receive any income in Indonesia must apply for a work permit. This application represents a bureaucratic procedure, in which both, the Ministry of Manpower and the Immigration Office are involved. The entire procedure will take 2 months. Also, the validity of KITAS is more complicated than in the case of business visa in Indonesia. If you are the director of a company, the document is valid for 1 year, but if you work in any other position, it lasts only 6 months.
The main purpose of KITAS is to enable the holder to legally obtain employment and salary in Indonesia fast.
KITAS provides the following benefits:
- Opportunity to open a local bank account in Indonesia
- The right to stay without regularly leaving the country
- Valid for 6 months, or 1 year, if you are the director of the company
- Opportunity to obtain permanent residence in Indonesia after 3 years