Differences Between Indonesia Business Visa & Work Permit
Business Visa in Indonesia online
If you visit Indonesia for a business-related purpose without any intention to obtain any income in Indonesia, the document you will need is the business visa. Luckily, obtaining the business visa in Indonesia is a simple and fast procedure and Cekindo helps you to finish the process online. It allows multiple entries and is valid for 1 year. The whole procedure will take 6 to 10 working days.
The main purpose of the Indonesian Business Visa is to enable the holder to carry out business activities in Indonesia such as attending a conference or seminar. This does not include being employed or receiving a salary in Indonesia.
A Business Visa in Indonesia provides the following benefits:
- Fast, simple and online order and purchase.
- It is cheaper than the work permit.
- You are allowed to stay 60 days per visit in Indonesia.
- You can apply for an extension by leaving Indonesia in 60 days and coming back (crossing borders) or by applying for and obtaining a visa from the Indonesian Immigration Authority.
- The visa is valid for 1 year.
Work Permit Indonesia (KITAS)
Any foreigner who is planning to work, or receive any income in Indonesia must apply for a work permit. This application represents a bureaucratic procedure, in which both, the Ministry of Manpower and the Immigration Office are involved. The entire procedure will take 2 months. Also, the validity of KITAS is more complicated than in the case of business visa in Indonesia. If you are the director of a company, the document is valid for 1 year, but if you work in any other position, it lasts only 6 months.
The main purpose of KITAS is to enable the holder to legally obtain employment and salary in Indonesia fast.
KITAS provides the following benefits:
- Opportunity to open a local bank account in Indonesia
- The right to stay without regularly leaving the country
- Valid for 6 months, or 1 year, if you are the director of the company
- Opportunity to obtain permanent residence in Indonesia after 3 years