There are many kinds of office space in Indonesia and those new models of the shared workspace are here to disrupt the traditional office space and how people work.
In this ever-modernising business world, business owners and entrepreneurs are constantly seeking innovative workspaces to improve their business.
The success of these innovative office spaces in Indonesia is obvious as they bring in efficacy and flexibility. Through the use of new technologies such as cloud computing and digital solutions, shared workspaces are making entrepreneurship and business expansion much more flexible and possible.
The growth of shared workspaces, especially virtual offices and coworking spaces, in Indonesia, remains strong despite the increasing price of real estate.
The Rise of Shared Workspace in Indonesia
Jakarta is the main city with the fastest-growing shared workspace in the country. In 2018, coworking spaces and virtual offices have absorbed 33% of office spaces in the city with the majority of them from the central business district.
Also, 120,000 square meters of office space in the city’s central business districts are run as coworking spaces and serviced offices. The number of shared workspace has also increased and these operators are made up of people from overseas and Indonesia.
What’s more exciting for foreigners to invest in the shared workspace in Indonesia, particularly in Jakarta is that an additional 565,000 square-meter property for shared workspaces has been completed at the central business district in 2019.
Reasons for The Rise of Shared Workspace in Indonesia
Despite the challenging property market in Indonesia and globally, shared workspaces in Indonesia continue to thrive due to several reasons:
- There’s no long-term lease as compared to traditional office solutions in Indonesia. This is a big plus to most startups as they don’t want to commit to expensive and long-term investments.
- Shared workspace, especially coworking spaces, is a source of creativity where you can meet a group of inspiring and motivated professionals to network and share ideas.
- There’s a significant growth of startups in Indonesia with Jakarta being the epicenter of the startup scene.
- The growing economy of Indonesia also means more overseas companies would like to expand their business in the country and shared workspaces serve as the optimal solution for scalability.
- Shared workspaces allow companies to move in and start their business fast. A conventional office space takes at least 1 month to set up and operate.
- Shared workspaces provide better values for a lot of business owners: complete facilities and support. A long-term traditional office only offers space without all the amenities and furnishing.
- Most importantly, shared workspaces are the most affordable office space in Indonesia located in the most prestigious areas.
The Best Professions to Work in a Shared Workspace
Shared workspaces are specifically beneficial to some professions in terms of the reasons that were discussed earlier.
Here are the best professions to work in a shared workspace:
- Coach professionals
- Civil engineers
- Healthcare professionals such as nutritionists, psychologists, and dietitians
- Marketing professionals
- Freelancers such as designers and writers
- Non-profit organisations
Office Space Solutions from Cekindo
Let Cekindo make your office work and meet your business requirements. Our office solution in Indonesia is equipped with a complete office and administrative support, with a wide range of options and flexible catering to the degree of your business growth.
We are leading the office space market in the country thanks to the result of years of experience serving the startups and new business sectors globally.
Take a look at our office solution in Indonesia and our experts are ready to help you. Contact us today.