A social visa in Indonesia is suitable for foreigners that want to enter the country for leisure. This visa is also known as the visa social budaya. It is perfect for those who wish to visit friends and relatives or engage in social, cultural, or educational exchanges within Indonesia’s borders. Before you lodge your application, you must have a sponsorship letter from an Indonesian citizen or company to support your visa application.
How long can I stay in Indonesia on a social visa?
On this visa, you would be able to stay in Indonesia for longer than the visa-free period of 30 days – provided that you do not earn any income in the country. Foreigners with a social visa in Indonesia are allowed a single-entry visit of up to 60 days. If you would like to stay longer, the visa can be extended up to a total of 180 days. If your current visa expires, you must apply for a new one in order to remain in the country
What is the application process for a social visa in Indonesia?
The application process for a social visa in Indonesia is relatively simple. If you decide to use our visa services, the application process is as follows:
- Purchase the single-entry social visa
- Get in contact with one of our visa specialists
- Send us all the necessary documents
- Our visa specialists will double-check that all information provided is correct
- If a sponsorship letter is required, we will provide one.
- We will submit the visa application on your behalf
- Your e-visa will be issued within 7 to 10 business days.
Please keep in mind that you must travel to Indonesia within 90 days of receiving your e-visa. Your visa is valid for 60 days once you arrive in Indonesia.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you work on a social visa in Indonesia?
What documents do I need to provide Cekindo for my online visa application?
- A photo of your passport with a minimum validity of 12 months from the date of entry
- A bank account statement with a minimum balance of USD 2,000
- A sponsorship letter if you have already found a sponsor